Pages

Sunday 22 April 2012

Pre-diet nerves

My name is Kimberley, I am 23 years old and I weigh A LOT (actual weight to be decided by scales tomorrow after my morning pee).
I first gained a considerable amount of weight when I travelled alone to Australia and New Zealand at the age of 18. I put on 5 kg in 6 months. It didn't suit me. I am only 5 foot and looked like a brown space hopper upon returning to the UK.
At my heaviest I BELIEVE I was 62 kg.






I lost a lot of weight and continued to do so when I started University. I went through a break up and lost more weight.






And then yo-yo'ed for the rest of the 3 years, depending on holidays, exams, whether or not I was going to aerobics and so on and so forth. Not really too much of a problem- everyones overweight at uni.
As a graduation "present" my mother booked herself and I into "Fitfarms"- one week of vigorous exercise combined with regular, small meals. I was very very unhappy. I missed my uni friends, was unemployed and did NOT want to be there. I lost a few lbs that week but partied at my graduation shortly afterwards and remained unhappily unemployed for a few months, which involved laying in bed feeling sorry.


(Don't worry- this isn't all sob-story)


So...I have now been employed for over 6 months. I love my job as an administration assistant for a big Logistics company. My colleagues are fab, my work is varied and full on, my mind active- and my body. Well. Sedentary.


I wake up at around 7am, shower, eat breakfast, sort lunch. Leave at 8:10am. Drive to work. Start work at 8:30am, sitting at a desk where I remain until 5:30pm. In this time I may have to go upstairs twice, and do one lap of Tesco during my lunch hour. If I'm really getting into my quota of 2000 steps a day I might put the kettle on once or twice. I drive home and eat dinner at around 6pm. I then sit and watch tv. Simpsons, Hollyoaks, Channel 4 News, Corrie, Eastenders then a film or some docu. I go to bed at 10pm at the latest, and repeat.


So basically- I wake up and sit in a car, sit at work, sit at home, lay at home and sleep. Thats my life.


Somethings gotta change.


I've stumbled across the Dukan Diet and tomorrow is the day the challenge begins.




ATTACK
4 days of pure protein. ONLY.
I don't eat meat but I eat fish. I've done the reading and the research- am already feeling queasy at the thought of all that protein and have decided that the way I can monitor all of this is to talk to myself in the form of an online blog. Hmmm..


There was a lot of "about me"- essential contextual information I feel and as my hard-boiled eggs have probably exploded (oops- literally just remembered putting those on) I feel its time I move on.
Stop talking start doing.




This dialogue from Monty Pythons 'Life of Brian' says it all:-


so we've got to get up off our arses and stop just talking about it!
Hear! Hear!
I agree. It's action that counts, not words, and we need action now.
Hear! Hear!
You're right. We could sit around here all day talking, passing resolutions, making clever speeches..
So, let's just stop gabbing on about it. It's completely pointless and it's getting us nowhere!
Right!



Wow. I'm really going to post this aren't I.



No comments:

Post a Comment