Pages

Monday 23 April 2012

ATTACK- Day 1

My podgy-footed self on the scale at 6am. Day 1.


For those (myself) who just want a food diary, I'll start with that.

Cup of tea
Hard boiled egg and cottage cheese
Mandarin yoghurt (Activia- 0% fat)
Redbush tea
4x Crab sticks (Youngs- 79p at Tesco)
Tin of sardines
Vanilla yoghurt (Activia- 0% fat)
More crabsticks (total of 10 today)
Cottage cheese - straight out the tub!
Small glass of Pepsi Max (1 calorie; no fat)
Weird king prawn, yoghurt concoction (wouldn't recommend- see below for picture- YUK)
Dukan galette



Emotional/ Wellness-ness

Woke up positive. Got on scale- well ready for the mission.
Breakfast- interesting affair. Too much of the same texture. Not disappointed- dealing with it.
Trip to Tesco before work for yoghurts- smell of fresh, warm bread wafting throughout the store. Aware of the smell. Thinking about it as though I should be bothered, but not actually.
Early at work 9am- starving. Mandarin yoghurt. Sicky feeling.
Light-headed-ness. Not unbearable but verging on uncomfortable.
Start stuffing crabsticks- stink out the office. Paranoia. Rather be munching on biscuits.
BANGING HEADACHE- drink more water, drink more water.
Tin of sardines- tasty but HATE the way the look- all veins and scales and guts and shudder. Don't think- just eat.
Drive home- starving. Stuff more crabsticks. Stinking out the car- difficult to unwrap whilst driving. Groan!
Get in- shove some mouthfuls of cottage cheese in my face. Enjoyable. Mushy thickness akin to a fatty naughty treat. Not unhappy, not dizzy, not headachey. Just meh.
SMALL GLASS OF PEPSI MAX- joy, elation. Very happy moment. "This diets great." Lets get started on dinner shall we?
Take dinner out the oven- greeted with a mushy mess. Yoghurt separated from liquid. Lumpy and gross looking. Pick out the prawns- they're tasty- the texture of the yoghurt- not so nice. Gag-zilla.
Not hungry- but remember the oats. Conjure up Dukan's galette. Not hungry- must eat oats. Very filling and heavy. Content. Not happy, nor sad, just meh.
The scales better show good things tomorrow!!!



And the rest of it...


My God this has been a strange day foodwise! The thing is with me- I love food. Tasty food, and usually thats bad. What I've eaten today wasn't necessarily baddd or gross as such, its just that I'm stubborn and make things difficult for myself. Because I have to eat it, I don't want to eat it.
I want to want what I eat.
But at the moment I want to lose weight more, so yea. Shushh!!!

Some marriages of ingredients aren't ideal. The egg and cottage cheese was too much of the same thing.  Mush up some egg- its like cottage cheese and vice verca (ewww- imagine balling up some cottage cheese into an egg shape!)
The sardines really grossed me out. For those of you who eat tinned sardines, you'll know exactly what I mean. I had to push the black mushy innards to the edge of the tin where the top was still attached so created a shadow in the corner where I couldn't see so good. I worked quickly and efficiently and ate as much as I could. WAYYY too squeamish for this shizz!

The yoghurts are YUM! The vanilla one- god its to die for. I'm happy to eat those. Think I'll spread those out between the not so favourable dishes.

Dinner- now I have no idea what the hell happened there.
Looks like puke in a bowl doesn't it. As I said before, picked the prawns out and they were fine. Can't be bothered to give this "dish" more time than necessary.


The Dukan Galette, however- lets talk about that.

Interesting concept. Smells porridgey- obvs- its oats.
Looks like a pancake. Goes sort of hard and firm when cooked. Like you can pick it by one edge- its not floppy like a tortilla, more rigid like toast.
I found it quite eggy. I think I will put half of one in next time.
I ate it with cinammon, quark and sweetener. Because I was full and it was filling I didn't really enjoy it. Not as much as I may have done this morning when I was hungry.
Having said that I do feel hungry now. Not hungry. I can't explain it. Its as though I should eat but don't really want to. Not sure whether my stomach is trying to gurgle or trying do digest all this protein.
Just don't know.

Anyway, galette, yes..


Was thinking that it might make good "soldiers" to have with dippy egg.
It was quite large really.
You could cut it in half and have a smoked salmon and cream cheese sandwich. Oooh yes- that would be lovely. 


If I eat again tonight I have decided it will be a tin of tuna with pepper and maybe vinegar (?)

I've drank loads of water.
I walked for 20 mins (not in one go, but hmm...I wonder if that will make a difference actually..)

The scale BEST show positive results tomorrow. OR ELSE!!!

Oh yes- just quickly, back to emotions- keep spontaneously welling up- over adverts, Eastenders, just anything really. That could just be me to be honest...or the lack of fatty treats!!! Sighhh!!








No comments:

Post a Comment