Pages

Friday 27 April 2012

Dukan ATTACK- Review

Well...

What a rollercoaster this couple have days have been.

Although this diet does what it says on the tin- 4lb loss in 4 days
There is a lot to be said for the baggage that comes with it.

At some points the MASSIVE HEADACHES (Day 1 & 2), extreme nauseousness/sickness/BLERGHHH-ness (Days 1-3) and the uncomfortable feeling of constipation (Day 2) left me wanting to to fight the attack instead of succumb to its charm and wit. (Ok, not fight, run away like a sissy and sit in the corner and stuff cake until you hate yourself.) BUT, I worked with it, and here I am.

I think ATTACK is a very appropriate word for this phase. By lasting the 4 days I feel that I've shown my own body-lard that I really do mean business.

TIPS:-

DRINK THE WATER  - helps with sickness, fills you up, gets rid of all the waste-age
EAT THE OATBRAN - helps with sickness, fills you up, gets rid of all the other waste-age
Use sweetener and 1 calorie fizzy drinks to perk you up - make you feel like you're having a treat.



Seems silly- now that I'm through the other side - to have let this phase affect me so much, but my emotions and god the sickness- ughhh! Made me all over the place. Think its getting used to NO SUGAR.

I'm ready to embrace the CRUISE phase of the diet now. 40 (ish) days of Pure Protein days and Protein & Veg days. There are loads of fab recipes online to help me get through this. I think being inventive with what you're eating is the way forward. Of course you're going to feel sick and miserable if you eat the same breakfast every day and it tastes of nothing and feels like the contents of a cement mixer (cement- that is).

I'm also not silly, and realise that this section too is NOT going to be easy. I'm off on my hols in 2 and a half weeks and I'm not going to not eat fruit and potatoes and drink boozeywoozey- but maybe I'll manage to do this moderation, or consider the importance of proteins and exercise more, or..well...we shall see. I'm not going to let Dukan take over my life and stop me doing these sorts of things (unbelievable how much of social-life involves gorging!!!) But I'm also not going to let FAT take over my life, and cannot wait to feel comfortable getting into a bikini!!! :-D

No comments:

Post a Comment