Pages

Sunday 10 June 2012

Cheating in Belgium

I cheated.

Well, I didn't as I knew I was going to, so somehow that doesn't count.

My holiday obviously definitely wasn't a cheat as it was planned before Dukan.
Jubilee weekend (FOUR DAY weekend!) was a bit cheat-esque but didn't count because I'm only ever going to see one Diamond Jubilee, right?
And this weekend was my friends birthday. A trip to Bruges. With Belgian waffles and yummy things!! So that well, ok- maybe this time it does count. Or the actual day shouldn't count....

So really my only cheat day should have been Saturday, but it naturally started Friday night and extended to lunchtime today (Sunday)- so thats not so good.
I know I'm only stalling myself and ya di ya di ya. But I also realise that a diet cannot be my entire life and being- its a few steps to achieving the future healthier and happier me, but has to pause and let life get in the way on the way. Occasionally. Of course.

So.... it all began on Friday after work when I bought a MASSIVE pizza. I cut myself 2 slices and gave a slice to a friend. I then drank a little (vodka and diet coke- so doesn't cheat the diet really), I then had another slice.
After the night out however I came home and finished the WHOLE thing - minus another slice that mysteriously went missing. (mother!!!)

So thats cheat no. 1.

Then yesterday morning I woke up and ate my oatbran- fine.
The roadtrip to Bruges began where I enjoyed a double choc chip cookie from Tesco bakery- one of those large fresh ones. A homemade cheese straw was then appreciated greatly (how could I refuse a friend who had been busy baking?!) Also- some crisps, 2 Bulmers' on the ferry (I was scared), 3 biscuits.

Dinner was fine again- well- I had a hugee pot of mussels which were great. Loads of garlic on though. And I mean- literally just garlic. Perhaps 5 bulbs worth. Was strong. Very strong. No sauce, no liquid of any description, just diced garlic. Yum. A handful of chips if that. And sprites. 3 Sprites- the thing is they weren't Sprite zero, so each contained sugar, therefore carbs and calories. Meh.

This morning I had a BELGIAN WAFFLE WITH CREAM for breakfast- and there is not an ounce of my being that regrets that. It was delicious and I ate it in a really picturesque location, beside a canal, it was a delight (minus the green bird poo I got on my hand- yuk).
That was the best waffle EVER.
I also had one praline chocolate from one of their little chocolate shops and oh my- it was delicious!!!

I finished the crisps in the car- had 2 chewy lace type sweets and one crunchie rock- which felt spicey.

I think I have confessed everything.
Oh- I had a full fat 7up on the boat.

When I was hungry on the boat I chose the prawn and egg salad- so I was back to Dukan definitely.

So I have eaten a lot. A lot of things that I ought not. However- I could have eaten more- shocking I know- but I really could have. I could have drunk cider last night instead of sprite. I could have eaten my share of chips at the restaurant, bought myself my own batch of Belgian choccies, had ice-cream for pudding last night (oh yea- I tried some mousse and lemon sorbet; more than tried, but didn't start or finish it.), you know- I could have really gone for it. So although I did enjoy my food and have some treats I am happy to revert back to Dukan once more, if he'll have me.


I shall drink my own body weight in water this evening and post my weigh in tomorrow.
I was 125lbs on Friday; wish me luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment